Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What do you do with your Convenient White Sauce Mix, I hear you ask?!

Well I did promise a savoury recipe to show you how versatile your white sauce mix can be. My family loves tuna bake, especially my husband. Whenever I make my tuna bake I make up my own white sauce. Now that I have my white sauce mix, it has saved me so much time. This is what you will need.

Ingredients
1 cup white sauce mix
1-2 cups tepid water
2 tbspn mayo - can add more if prefer
1 tbspn dry dill and /or parsely - can also use fresh
1/2 cup + 1cup grated cheese plus
salt and pepper to taste
I large can of tuna
500g cooked pasta

Method

1. In a medium saucepan on med/low heat put white sauce mix(WSM) in and add a bit of water and stir. As the mixture takes the water add more and stir continuously.
2. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken. If you have used skim milk powder in your mix then it will take a bit longer to thicken.

3. Add mayo, 1/2 cup cheese, dill, salt and pepper and stir through.
4. Add tuna and mix through.


5. Using a baking tray or dish(spray with oil) add cooked pasta then Tuna mix on top.
6. Sprinkly cheese on top and bake in oven 180C for 15-20mins or until cheese melted and brown.
Eat by itself or have with a green salad.

This is a super easy recipe and having the white sauce mix on hand is so great and saves extra things taking up the bench space!

You can easily use chicken instead of tuna or make it a vege bake with your choice of vegetables.

Everthing in this recipe is a storable item. Even grated cheese or block cheese can keep in your refridgerator for a couple of months unopened - check the usedby date if you have some in the fridge!
PS. The formula can contains my white sauce mix!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...