Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HMP Recipe : Coriander or Cilantro Lime Chicken with Salsa Salad

This is a really great summer salad. I came across a discount bucket of limes recently and I had to buy them. I've seen some recipes of cilantro/coriander lime chicken on Pinterest, so I thought I would grab a bunch of  coriander too and make up a yummy marinade for some chicken breast fillets. This is what I did.



2 limes skin removed and cut in half
A good handful of coriander/cilantro roughly chopped
2 tablespoons of Teriyaki soy marinade
A splash of white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar - palm sugar can also be used
Season with salt and pepper
1 long green chilli seeds removed and cut in a couple of pieces

Add all ingredients to HMP on speed 6. Pour onto chicken and marinate in fridge for at least 30mins- hour but a couple of hours if you can.

Cook on BBQ, frying pan or Teppinyaki pan (what I used). Brown both sides and make sure its cooked through. Then shred, or slice.

Salsa Salad

4 Roma tomatoes  diced into small pieces
1 Lebanese cucumber seeds removed and diced into small pieces
1/2 large red onion chopped
1 capsicum - whatever colour you have, I used orange
1 lime juiced
A handful of fresh coriander/cilantro chopped
dash of salt and pepper

Mix altogether in a bowl.

Guacamole

2 ripe avocadoes
juice of half a lime
1/2 a green chilli well diced

Mash avocadoes, add lime and chilli and mix well but gently.

You can make either burrito style like this, I actually used corn Mountain bread.
The other option is to build a salad, and as a guide, this is how I built mine.

Avocado first:
Then Lettuce:




Then salsa and chicken



Enjoy:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...