Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HotMix Pro Recipe: Healthy Chocolate Energy Bites

Can chocolate really be healthy? Of course it can and I am not just saying to eat in moderation! What makes these energy bites with chocolate just amazing is the chocolate goodness of Crio Bru. You can find out all you need to know about what Crio Bru is here.

I came across energy bites first on Pinterest. I made some up and I liked them but found them a little bland. So I made some more with Crio Bru and dates and found that they were much better. The HotMix Pro makes these in a breeze, but of course if you don't have a HMP, you can use a blender, food processor, or if you have a thermal cooking machine, like a TM 31 or Thermo Chef that works well too.


Energy Bites

250g rolled oats
50g coconut flakes
50 g Crio Bru
5 dates - seeds removed and roughly chopped
20g LSA



Add ingredients to HMP bowl and blend on speed 6 for 20 seconds.

Then add:
10g Chia seeds - I used black and white mix
150g peanut butter

Blend again on speed 5, adding runny honey or maple syrup until it clumps together, about 15-20 seconds.


You will know when it is ready you have added enough honey or syrup, when you can make a ball that stays together. Roll mixture into balls until all mixture is used and refrigerate.



 

 

 I have kept mine in an air tight container for up to a month in the fridge. I eat two or three of these for breakfast when I am in a hurry - which means most mornings!! I also like them when I am feeling pekish and would like to eat something sweet - these are a much better choice and can fill you up. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids after you eat them. 

** I want to add that I pre-blended the Crio Bru in my HMP on speed 10, so that it would be finer than its usually consistency, so keep this in mind if you add it to the mix, that you should pre-blend it, then have it blended down again in the mixture...if that makes sense!!**

2 comments:

Eyrie said...

Will you please tell me what LSA is? Thank you!

FoodMuster said...

LSA is Linseed, Soy, and Almond. All three have been milled to make a powder which together is very healthy and great to add to many dishes, breakfast, smoothies etc. I got mine at a health food store. Thanks for your question:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...