Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Yummy Raw Vegetable Salads in the HotMix Pro

There's nothing like a good salad to make you feel healthy and renewed. Sometimes however, it can be a bit challenging to keep up your momentum when you know how much chopping and slicing is involved to get your nutritious meal prepared and ready for consumption. I was over delighted to discover that my HotMix Pro makes this process so easy and I even look forward to making my raw salads because I can make more than enough to cover a couple of lunches for the week. I have many raw salads to share and thought I would start with the popular broccoli salad. 

Ingredients

2-4 medium heads of broccoli washed and cut into chunks
4 rashers of bacon
1 cup of silvered almonds

Dressing
1 cup mayo - you can also mix 1/2 cup yoghurt and 1/2 cup mayo or sour cream and mayo
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper to taste

1. You can chop and cook bacon in the HMP, however, in future for this particular salad I prefer to crisp my bacon in the frying pan. Set aside to cool and rinse bowl if you used your thermal mixer to cook the bacon. 

2. Put 4 chunks of broccoli in the HMP put lid on. Speed 4 for 5-10 sec. Empty and repeat with rest of broccoli. How long you chop for depends on how chunky you want your salad.



3. Mix dressing ingredients, taste to make sure it is good. Add to broccoli, add bacon and raw silvered almonds. 

You can serve immediately or refrigerate.  I think it tastes as good the next day!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...