Thursday, August 21, 2014

Almond Butter in the HotMix Pro

My mother is Canadian and I swear I have more Canadian in me than Australian sometimes, well at least in my taste buds!  I love peanut butter and maple syrup in and on almost anything!! I love bacon, but not any kind of bacon. I prefer Aussie to American and interestingly enough Canadian bacon is better than American - in my humble opinion, but I'm still happy to crunch on American bacon when its on offer. I could go on about how much the North American cuisine attracts me more than my homeland sometimes, but I need to stay on track. My fav website, Pinterest has tempted me once again to make the overly popular almond butter and since I love peanut butter so much, I had to give it a go. Since I have my HotMix Pro handy, I knew this would be a breeze to make. This was my first attempt and I am happy with my results.

Almond Butter
400g roasted almonds - I took raw almonds and dry roasted them in my oven

In HMP on speed 9 for 1-1.5mins. Scraping down the sides helps at intervals with blades off. I found that the consistency was not coming together so the only oil I had on hand was sunflower oil. I splashed a small amount in and the butter came together quite nicely. I also added a small amount of brown sugar - about a table spoon.

 Maybe next time, I'll use raw almonds and see what kind of flavour I prefer and maybe add some other nuts too.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...