Thursday, April 30, 2009

MY JOB....3 MONTH STORAGE

I met with the welfare commitee last month and we have decided that I will take on the job of the 3 month storage. Nenad Buvac is in charge of the 72 hour kit, and Graeme Hale will take on education and finance. Two Sundays ago I asked the sisters to put down their requests for a bulk buy order. The main requests have been for rice,canned tomatoes and soups, other items I plan to look into will include chocolate chips/chunks, flours, dried herbs and oil.

I also met with the Alaine and Lucille to discuss welfare enrichment activities and we have some really good ideas for you all this year. Our first activity will be Friday 22nd May so you need to put this in your diaries/calendars. It is going to be a very fun night. We are also looking into mini enrichments as well. I am interested in having a night where we make or learn how to make homemade energy bars which Jenny Hobby has made before. These little suckers may look not so good to eat, but actually are( James ate one that Jenny Sully made and he loves them!). One of these bars is good enough to replace a meal or two! So you can imagine all the things you may have on your 72 Hour kit can be replaced with these bars and just have water to wash them down. E-mail me at renrut22@hotmail.com if you are interested in participating in something like this.
I would also like to know if there is anything in particular you would like to know more about to help with your welfare needs. If you have an idea that we could have as a mini activity, please e-mail me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...