Sunday, August 2, 2009

Easy Peesy 2 Egg Omelette Recipe!!






So I have been thinking about adding some recipes which may not necessarily be just with welfare ingredients, but are budget and user friendly. Please be kind with my pictures and my directions, while I am not quite up to Natalie's standards, a girl can dream!!!! So the first recipe is a tres easy 2 egg omelette. I make these at least once a week as a quick and nutrious meal for my family, and they take little time. For the Weight Watches ladies, this could be done with one egg and one egg white and all low fat ingredient or nil/one point veges etc ykwim!!!!
Ingredients
2 Eggs
Fillings
Basically whatever takes your fancy, but for the purpose of the pictures I have chosen:
Sliced mushrooms - half a handful
1/4 red onion
grated cheese
small handful of baby spinach and rocket mix (from groccery store in a bag)
As a side note I am very much in love with rocket at the moment. I love the taste of it and I add it to as many dishes as I can. I will be looking into growing it!!
Procedure
1. Heat small frypan add a little bit of olive oil. Fry up slice onion until soft and add mushrooms until tender.
2. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour into empty fry pan that has been sprayed with oil.
3. You need to bring the omelette away from the edges of the pan as it cooks a little bit at a time so that the runny bits cook. This may seem tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it. Do this until most of the egg is cooked and there is just a little bit of runny egg on top.
4. Now add your ingredients to one half of the omelette, you need to be quick. You can also add some dried herbs and a dash of salt and pepper.
5.Fold the unpacked side onto the packed side of the omelette and cook for another 30 seconds
6. Holding the handle use your spatular to carefully turn the omelette over so the other side can cook for around a minute or until cheese runs/oozes out the sides.
7.Plate your masterpiece and enjoy by itself or with some salad.
This is a perfect meal for left overs or when you need a healthy meal but don't want to put too much thought and effort into it. Also don't be put off if it doesn't work out the first time. I actually do have a step by step visual but I can't work out how to load them on here as step by step, when I work it out I can edit the post!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...