Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back up Meals: Campbells Country Ladle, I love you!

We all need some back up meals. Back up meals are the types of meals that can be thrown together rather quickly when you don't feel like cooking or are short on time. Some people have frozen home made meals on hand, that's a good way to go about it. But realistically, that doesn't always happen for me. Mum to 4 and working part time, I do what I can, when I can. So when I go shopping, I plan for the week or fortnight and I always add a couple of back up meals. I try to choose something that has a long shelf life so if I don't use it that week, it goes into my food storage pantry for a time when I really need.

My kids for some reason, I can't put my finger on, absolutely love canned soup. I'm not complaining because they will eat the ones with heaps of veges in them. If I put those kinds of veges steamed on their plates they will switch off and refuse to eat and then its a battle to get them to eat up. Every one of my children will down Campbells Country Ladle Minestone soup, its their absolute favourite and I know I've picked a winner when I ask my kids if they want McDonalds or minestrone canned soup and they opt for the canned soup!!! Can't say that always happens but it does sometimes! I also find on the odd occasion when ALL my kids are with me shopping(this rarely happens for sanity reasons!), to keep them happy I will say, " If your good you can go pick your very own can of soup" and it usually works! They put their name on it when they get home and they can choose it eat it whenever they want to.

We have given all the soups ago, since my kids love them, and they always request Campbells Country Ladle. They do have the best flavour and a good variety of vegtables. Heinz has a few good varieties too. We have also tried the minestrone at Aldi, but my kids gave it the big thumbs down. I personally didn't like the taste of it either. It think the pumpkin soup at Aldi is ok, but much prefer the Campbells varieties.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...