Friday, May 4, 2012

HotMix Pro Recipes: PB n Caramel Choc Cream Pie

One thing that I particularly like about this recipe is that I didn't clean out the bowl once after each step. Each layer of this pie has flavours that marry well, so I didn't feel the need to concern myself with cleaning the bowl. Its up to you, but try it out if you like.

Ever since watching "The Help" I have been a little obsessed with searching for pie recipes and making pies. If you have seen the movie or read the book, you can smile with me as you remember the classic line of Minnie's, "Eat, my, Sh*$!!". I crack up each time I picture it in my head. I suppose you could say I was inspired by the chocolate pie fiasco a little with this recipe I concocted. I actually mixed up a lot of things that I have discovered along the way of my pie searching. Of course you can make this recipe without a HMP, but the HMP just makes it that much easier and quicker. You also get an amazing consistency with the HMP. So here is what I did.

Base Ingredients
1 packet digestive biscuits
1 cup pretzels
130g butter melted
1 tbsp peanut butter

Filling
1 can caramel top and fill
100g cream cheese
1-2 tbsp peanut butter ( peanut butter is optional but is a great flavour)
1 tbsp gelatin or 1 packet
400ml hot water to dissolve gelatin

Topping
200ml cream
1tbsp quality cocoa
1 tbsp icing sugar

Method

1. Biscuits and pretzels on speed 5 for 20 secs
2. Add melted butter and peanut butter and mix on speed 2 for 30 secs
3. Press into pie dish and refrigerate.
4. Mix can caramel, cream cheese with paddle attachment on speed 2 for 20 secs. Scrape sides and remove paddle attachment. Add peanut butter and mix on speed 3 for 30 seconds
5. Mix gelatin in hot water with a fork and mix well.
6. Add gelatin to caramel mix and mix on speed 1 for 20 secs
7. Pour caramel mixture into pie dish and put back in fridge for at least 2 hours.
8. When caramel layer is set mix cream, cocoa, and icing sugar using paddle attachment on speed 3 for  around 1 minute or until it has stiff peaks.
9. Spread over pie.

The pretzels and peanut butter add the right amount of salt to balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients. Its a really great dessert that can be made in the morning or afternoon and be ready for the evening. All ingredients can be stored in your pantry, even the cream! Yes you can get UHT cream, but make sure you refrigerate the cream for at least 1 hour before you whip it or it won't whip.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...